Golden Manor Jewish Senior Services supports seniors through its own programs and by supporting programs provided by other organizations that benefit local Jewish seniors. Whether you are a senior in need or a caregiver, consider us a source to turn to for assistance, support, and education.
Community Connection Services — providing and coordinating religious, cultural, and social activities to foster the connection between Jewish seniors and the broader Jewish community.
GMJSS Partnerships & Grants — encouraging new and expanded programs for Jewish seniors through partnerships and grants with:
- Barshop Jewish Community Center (JCC) — The JCC offers many programs for seniors, including social lunch gatherings Mondays through Thursdays.
- Jewish Family Service (JFS) — JFS provides affordable mental health counseling, case management, senior services, and emergency financial assistance to the Jewish and greater communities.
- Temple Beth-El
- Congregation Agudas Achim
- Heintz Preschool
- Simcha Social Club
- Congregation Rodfei Shalom
- Chabad Lubavitch of San Antonio
- mmLearn.org — A 6-module DVD training program produced by mmLearn.org to help sensitize non-Jewish caregivers to the religious and cultural practices of Jewish seniors. The programs are available online and are marketed in all 50 states and in 53 foreign countries.
- Age Well Live Well — An initiative of the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) and Volunteer and Community Engagement (VCE) that seeks to collaborate as a community to promote and provide opportunities for all individuals to be active and healthy throughout their lives.
Here in San Antonio, there are numerous resources for seniors — from information about healthy aging, to how and where to stay active and socialize both within and outside the Jewish community.
Some of these resources include:
- City of San Antonio Senior Centers – San Antonio contains a number of centers where seniors can congregate to share meals, participate in activities and access needed services. A list of programs offered and center locations can be found on their website.
- Fall prevention / adapting homes / hospice service, etc.